HIP & SHOULDER PAIN – Restore maneuverability
Pain Beyond the Back: An Overview
For many patients, back pain is not isolated to the back alone, but may radiate to the hips, shoulders, and even the extremities of the body. This pain can affect daily functioning, the ability to enjoy everyday activities.
At SpineCare, we understand that hip and back pain can be difficult to manage, and we work with patients to diagnose the underlying cause of the problem so that we can then eliminate the symptoms that can interfere with daily life. Our team of physicians and therapists work with our patients to learn more about individual symptoms, and find the methods that will provide relief.
Symptoms of Hip and Shoulder Pain
Some common symptoms of hip and shoulder pain resulting from spine issues include:
- Numbness or tingling down the shoulders and arms and hands
- Scapular (mid-back) pain with prolonged sitting, standing and driving
- Discomfort when lying on the stomach or back
- Muscle strain
- Radiating pain in the thighs, lower legs and feet
- Weakness in core strength and stability
- Upper back fatigue with prolonged standing and seated activities
- Hip and lower leg pain associated with running and jogging
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, our SpineCare team is here to help. You do not have to live pain in your shoulders, hips, or back. Our spinal team of experts will uncover the underlying source of your pain, and will dramatically improve your symptoms. The result? A pain-free life.
Types of Pain
Back pain can radiate to or affect multiple areas of the body. At SpineCare, we treat a wide variety of back issues, including issues that radiate to other areas of the body. Some of the areas of pain that we treat include:
SpineCare offers a two-week promise that guarantees that we will meet or exceed patient expectations within the first two weeks. We work with you to reevaluate and modify treatment plans with one goal: satisfaction.
- Post-isometric stretching techniques for chronically tight muscles
- Core strengthening and conditioning exercises
- Neuromuscular reeducation for developed muscular imbalances
- Mulligan mobilization techniques for joint dysfunctions
- Mckenzie repeated motion evaluation and treatment of hip and shoulders
- Scapular stabilization training for postural issues
- Kinesio taping and spider-tech taping for muscle injuries and imbalances