CHRONIC PAIN FIBROMYALGIA – Fight back again pain
Fibromyalgia is a common musculoskeletal condition; however it is commonly misdiagnosed and misunderstood. Typically, a patient may experience anxiety, depression, decreased pain threshold, fatigue, and chronic pain throughout the body.
SpineCare’s team of physicians understand how difficult it can be to manage the symptoms that are associated with fibromyalgia. We work with patients to monitor and manage the chronic pain associated with fibromyalgia to ensure that relief is attained.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
For many patients suffering from fibromyalgia, the types of symptoms can range in terms of severity and characterisitics. Some patients may experience crippling fatigue, disturbance in restful sleep, muscle twitches, and achiness around the joints of the shoulders, back, and hips. In addition, individuals with fibromyalgia may experience the following symptoms:
- Dryness in eyes, mouth, and nose
- Abdominal pain
- Inability to concentrate
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Tingling and/or numbness in the fingers and feet
- Chronic stiffness and pain
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are typically widespread and the pain affects multiple parts of the body.
Fibromyalgia Treatment & Care
At SpineCare, our goal is to relieve our patients of the pain that they may be experiencing from fibromyalgia and other related conditions. Advanced training from the American Academy of Pain Management allows us to provide a comprehensive approach to managing our patient’s conditions. This includes not only treatment, but coordination of care with our patient’s other providers. This team approach keeps all of our patients’ providers moving toward a shared goal of comprehensive management and pain relief.
The treatments for fibromyalgia provided by our team of physicians and massage therapists that we typically use at SpineCare include:
- Myofascial release and soft-tissue massage for Fibromyalgia
- Cognitive and behavioral techniques for counteracting fear avoidance
- Desensitization of the Central Nervous System
- Low impact therapeutic exercise approach designed for Fibromyalgia
- Coordination of care with physicians on the patients’ clinical team