- Ladders. Falling off a ladder while hanging Christmas lights is a frequent cause of ER visits. Even if you feel you know how to use a ladder properly, it never hurst to review safety information.
- Lifting. Heavy lifting such as moving the Christmas tree, bringing in Christmas decorations, etc. can casuse painful back strain. If you are lifting heavy decorations or gifts, be sure to follow proper lift techniques.
- Sharp Objects. Lacerations from holiday decorations can be prevented! Always make sure your decor is hung securely to avoid shattered glass from fallen ornaments or lights.
- Fire Hazards. Place Christmas trees and other greenery away from fireplaces, heaters, and radiators. Keep stands filled with water to prevent fire hazard.
- Electricity. Hanging lights? Check each set (old or new) for broken or cracked sockets, frayed wires, or loose connections. Throw out damaged sets.
The Holidays are a great time to be with your family. Make sure you are in good health by requesting a consultation and get a FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREENING. Fill out the form below.